Hydraulic circuits operate under extreme pressures and pin holes within pipework can lead to insidious, potentially debilitating issues due to fluid injection injuries, which stems from pressurised micro jets of fluid escaping into the atmosphere and coming into contact with people in close proximity.
- DJM Aerial Solutions Matrice M210 was the ideal tool for the project, opposed to the traditional method of rope access technicians, this drone inspection uk method completely eradicated the risk of anybody becoming injured due to above issue which is essentially first priority.
- We completely abolished any risk that is associated with working at height and dropped objects from the derrick.
- No requirement to shut down the area immediately beneath our workspace or the drill floor, generally the case when personnel are working at height. We followed all appropriate steps and took those involved under our control allowing for a fluid operation. DJM Aerial Solutions have more than 20 years operational experience in an offshore environment and drone inspection UK is beginning to pick up a phenominal pace.
- No requirement to isolate any equipment allowing the company to continue with operations, essentially saving costs associated with downtime or non-productive time.
- The inspection time was drastically reduced due to the coverage that can be achieved in short space of time when using our drones, in comparison to traditional methods.
- Drilling contractor was quoted a period of three days to complete the project using a team of three rope access inspectors. This would also require shutdown of critical equipment or areas, causing a reduction in day rate or even downtime. Our team managed to complete the inspection in one day whilst allowing the unit to continue with it’s operations.
- We achieved accurate results pinpointing areas across the pipework where maintenance is required. Thus allowing for essential preparation in order to remedy the faults reducing the need for numerous site visits and loss of productivity.
- A detailed report was submitted alongside images of damaged pipework and potential future issues, indicating their exact whereabouts.